Dr. Sachin Chaudhari
Signal Processing and Communications Research Center (SPCRC) (link),
International Institute of Information Technology (link),
Visiting Address: Vindhya A3-207
Phone: 040 6653 1363
Fax: 040 6653 1413
Affiliations: Senior Member, IEEE
I received my B.E.(Electronics) from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India in 2002 and M.E.(Telecommunication) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India in 2004. During 2004-2007, I worked at Esqube Communications, Bangalore which was a start-up by IISc Professors, as a Senior Wireless Communications Engineer. At Esqube, I worked on development and implementation of wireless systems such as WLAN, WiMAX, and TDD-SCDMA. During 2007-2012, I did my PhD with Prof. Visa Koivunen at Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics, Aalto University (formerly Helsinki University of Technology (TKK)). Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics at Aalto is part of SMARAD (Smart and Novel Radios Research Unit) Center of Excellence in Research nominated by Academy of Finland. Between 2013-2014, I was a post-doctoral researcher at Aalto University. Since December 2014, I am working as an Assistant Professor at IIIT-Hyderabad.
Research interests: Signal Processing for Wireless Communication
In particular, physical layer aspects of
- Next-generation wireless communication systems (5G)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cognitive Radios
Ongoing Research Projects:
PI, "IoT Enabled Smart Cities: Pollution, Health and Governance", IIIT-Hyderabad for 08/2019 - 07/2020, PRIF funding for social impact research Coordinator, Center of Excellence on IoT, IIIT-Hyderabad for 11/2018 - 10/2019 (India-EU collaboration on ICT standardization)
Completed Research Projects:
PI, Early Career Research Award, SERB, DST, India on 5G research for 6/2016-5/2019 (3 years) Participant, Aalto-IITI Cooperation for the skill developments of IoT based implementation for 9/2016-8/2018 (CIMO mobility grant for 2 years) Post-Doc Researcher, Enabling Methods for Dynamic Spectrum Access and Cognitive Radios (ENCOR 2) for 2013-2014 (funded by Tekes (Finnish funding agency)) PhD Researcher, EU FP7 project SEnsor Networks for Dynamic and cOgnitive Radio Access (SENDORA) for 2008-2010
Master's Thesis Guided:
- Anish Shastri, Data Reduction For IoT Networks: Algorithms and Implementation, June 2019. (MS by Research student at IIIT-H)
- Upender Keesara, Spectrum Sensing of FBMC Signals in 5G and Cognitive Radios, July 2018. (MS by Research student at IIIT-H)
- Prakash Gohain, Dempster-Shafer Theory Based Cooperative Energy Detection Under Noise Uncertainties In Cognitive Radio Networks, December 2017. (MS by Research student at IIIT-H)
- Aditi Jhingran, Physical layer signal processing for 5G - FBMC, May 2016. (MTech student of VIT-Vellore did her Thesis at IIIT-H)
- C. Ramanathan, Spatial Interpolation of Field Measurements for Cognitive Radio Networks, April 2016. (MTech student of Sastra University-Thanjavur did his Thesis at IIIT-H)
- Irene Rognoni, Geostatistics in Cognitive Radios, Aalto University, Finland, October 2014. (Co-instructed the MS student with Jan Oksanen, Guide: Prof. Visa Koivunen)
- Joona Jantti, Spectrum Sensing and Waveform Classification Using Cepstral Analysis, Aalto University, Finland, June 2014. (instructed the MS student, Guide: Prof. Visa Koivunen)
- ECE431 Signal Detection and Estimation (5 times: Spring 2015-2019).
- ECE231 Signals and Systems (3 times: Monsoon 2015-2017).
- ECE335 Communication Theory - 1 (Spring 2017).
- ECE438 Wireless Communication (2 times: Monsoon 2018, 2019).
- Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Automation (ETA) Scholarship 2010 (2 years starting Sept. 2010).
- Nokia Foundation 2009.
- Jenny and Antti Wihuri Foundation 2009.
- SITRA (Finnish Innovation Fund) 2007.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation 1998-2002.
Last updated Nov. 23, 2019.