Sight Without Light
Making sense of the space is a complex process. It becomes, even more challenging for visually impaired people, especially in case of navigation. We are working with medical professionals to consider their physiological and neurological conditions to develop and effective spatial assistance. The project aims to understand what determines our spatial ability?
More specifically the current project has following goals:
- Identify the spatial nature of auditory cues
- Investigate auditory representation of space
- Individual difference in spatial representation
- Compare the navigational ability between sighted and visually impaired population
- Develop an audio-based navigation system to enhance spatial knowledge