Is creative thinking used only in art, music, poetry or drama? Or Is it also required to deal with enormous problems varying from day-to-day experiences to more complex problems, selling products; success in business; product designs; designing interactive and learning sessions for students, any workshop, or any event; planning and choosing one’s career; reducing crime rates or youth aggression; building trust and confidence in society; and so on and so forth.
Our team of scientists and students are interested in understanding the interaction between creative thinking and problem-solving. Furthermore, we are interested in developing methods/ tools for inculcating creative thinking through adaptive problem-solving tasks. More specifically, we are focusing on reasoning ability used in solving ill-versus well-structured problems and its interaction with emotion; cognitive flexibility; motivation; perseverance; and individual differences. To answer related research issues we use modeling, eye-tracking, EEG, physiological monitoring devices from BioNomadix.
More specifically, the project has following goals:
- Relationship between attention, creative thinking and problem-solving
- Role of emotion and mental set in creative cognition
- Development of Adaptive Problem Solving System (AAPSS) and its influence on creative thinking
- Relationship between abstract thinking and creative abilities
- Creativity and Abstraction
An experiment to find the relationship between creativity and abstraction.
- Creativity and Mental Representation
An experiment to find the relationship between creativity and mental representation.